Sunday, March 8, 2009

AfriClassical.com Guest Book: 'one of the most amazing web sites I have ever seen'

[John Blanke, Trumpeter in the Court of King Henry VIII; Westminster Tournament, 1511;
(National Archives, United Kingdom)] 

Deeann D. Mathews made a post in the Guest Book at AfriClassical.com on Saturday, 2/21/09. AfriClassical reprints it with her permission: “This is one of the most amazing web sites I have ever seen. I knew that there were many, many classical composers of African descent; I had no idea there were this many. As an African American composer of concert music, and an author on the subject of the music business (where the remnants of 'sharecropping' continue to this day, particularly against Black people), this site cheered me greatly, for credit is being given where credit is due, and African American composers through the centuries are getting the recognition and exposure they have so long been denied. Keep up the good work; I shall return to this page in the future with joy.”   From: San Francisco   Web Site: The Freedom Guide for Music Creators

No comments: