Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Richard C. Alston is 'Jasbro Brown' in New Jersey State Opera's 'Porgy and Bess' May 21 & 23


[Richard C. Alston]

The performances of pianist Richard C. Alston are frequently the subject of AfriClassical posts. Today Richard sends us this news:
“Good Morning My Family and Friends, I have accepted the invitation to portray the pianist 'Jasbo Brown' in the New Jersey State Opera production of Gershwin's 'Porgy and Bess.' I made my debut as 'Jasbo Brown' in the Metropolitan Opera House production. I am looking forward to appearing with the New Jersey State Opera in this landmark production at the historic Symphony Hall.
Musically,
Richard 'Jasbo Brown' Alston”

Earlier Tuesday, an announcement was made by Jason Tramm, DMA, Artistic Director, New Jersey State Opera:
“Dear Friends and Colleagues,
It is my pleasure to announce that on May 21 (8PM) and May 23 (3PM) the NJ State Opera will present the fully staged Newark Premiere of the Gershwins' great Porgy and Bess in Historic Newark Symphony Hall. This performance will feature a world-class cast, a 55 piece orchestra, magnificent scenery and costumes and a historic venue.” “Tickets are now on sale at Ticketmaster or call 800-745-3000. I look forward to seeing many of you there!
Jason C. Tramm, DMA
Artistic Director, New Jersey State Opera






Comment by email
Richard, This is wonderful. I will certainly come and let others know. Jay

No comments: