Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rowland Sutherland: “T. J. Anderson has also written a piece for flute and piano called 'Gospel Ghost.'”

[Rowland Sutherland]

Yesterday we answered an inquiry from Rowland Sutherland, who plays the flute, about works for flute and piano by African American composers. We emphasized that the works which were named were only examples of what can be found in the Works Lists by Prof. Dominique-René de Lerma AfriClassical.com, William Grant Still Music, Adolphus Hailstork's Works List at Presser.com, and Google.com. AfriClassical has received a reply from Rowland Sutherland:

Many thanks for your great help and swift response. This is all very useful and I shall be looking into these works. Incidentally, I have also discovered that T. J. Anderson has also written a piece for flute and piano called Gospel Ghost.

Fortunately I have been receiving a lot of help from several organisations and am gaining a good perspective on music for this combination in the USA and will eventually want to also include more from the Caribbean. I shall be working on a series. Thanks to you my repertoire is going to be so much more wider and richer as it grows. Do please let me know if there are any more works that I can look into.
My best,
Rowland





No comments: