Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Earl Fields: “I was privileged to perform in the inaugural presentation of the anthem, 'I Have A Dream'"

[Charles E. Dickerson III, Music Director, Conducting The Southeast Symphony and Chorus January 9, 2011]

Earl Fields of the Southeast Symphony Orchestra of Los Angeles sends his impressions today of the premiere performance of Charles Dickerson's composition I Have A Dream on Jan. 9, 2011:

"Dear Mr. Zick,
I was privileged to perform in the inaugural presentation of the anthem, "I Have A Dream" written especially for this occasion by Charles Dickerson, Director of the Southeast Symphony orchestra and chorus, on Jan 9, 2011 at the Hall of Liberty, Forest Hills Cemetery facility.

"The work brought to life the words of Dr. King in a distinctly different way for me than when it is simply read. The waves of emotion and intensity that run through the speech seemed to also energize an audience of close to 1,000 people in a way I have not witnessed since Dr. King gave that speech itself.

"I hope the anthem will have the opportunity to be heard far beyond the limits of the audience that gathered on Sunday afternoon. Perhaps through your Blog you can help make this happen.
Sincerely,
Earl G. Fields"

No comments: