Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pianist Terrence Wilson and Soprano Kishna Davis Perform Gershwin With Baltimore Symphony Orchestra July 28 & 29


[Kishna Davis and Terrence Wilson]

Carl Topilow will conduct the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra on two consecutive nights in a Gershwin program featuring Terrence Wilson, pianist and Kishna Davis, soprano. Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, and Variations on I Got Rhythm for Piano and Orchestra, are listed as repertoire at the website of Terrence Wilson.

On Thursday, July 28 at 8:00 pm the concert will be at the Music Center at Strathmore, North Bethesda, Maryland.

On Friday, July 29 at 7:30 pm the venue will be Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Baltimore, Maryland.

1 comment:

Destruction said...

I just saw this performance with the BSO at the Meyerhoff tonight. Kishna Davis was outstanding. Highlights for me were My Man is Gone, Summertime and My Man. She was very confident and comfortable on stage and the audience was eating out of her hands.

Terrence Wilson's performance of Rhapsody in Blue just wrecked the place. I believe the ovation lasted 10 minutes....andthensome.