Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Montreal Choir, 'Le Choeur Enharmonique de Montréal,' Presents 'Black is Beautiful!' 7:30 PM Thursday, May 23 and 2:15 PM Sunday, May 26, 2013

André Lafrance of Le Choeur Enharmonique de Montréal, http://www.choeurenharmonique.ca/, writes:

[This email is in French.  Here is our unofficial translation.]


"Here are the poster and the concert program of our choir, Le Choeur Enharmonique de Montréal. I am the researcher and arranger of the choir.  I just want to tell you that your website has been very helpful for finding composers of African descent, and I thank you. I had already found a few, but your site helped me find many others for my project.

André Lafrance"

Another version of the concert poster adds this information, which we have again translated unofficially:

"Conducted by Gilbert Patenaude, with John Roney, pianist, Le Choeur Enharmonique de Montréal presents Black is Beautiful!, Male and Female Composers of African Descent from 1600 to the present; Classical Music, Jazz, Blues and Gospel; Thursday, May 23 at 7:30 PM and Sunday, May 26 at 2:15 PM."

The program submitted with the email indicates that the first part of the performance will be excerpts from L'amant anonime of Le Chevalier de Saint-Georges:


Comment by email:
Thanks Bill, I could of written you in english. I wrote in french because the site can be in french. Thanks again for the exposure.  André Lafrance

No comments: