Sunday, December 1, 2013

John Malveaux: 'Albany Records and Ian Hobson found it NECESSARY to record in Poland' for 'George Walker: Great American Orchestral Works, Vol. 4'

Albany Records Troy1430 (2013)

Albert R. Lee, D.M.A., Tenor, Lilacs for Voice and Orchestra

John Malveaux of www.MusicUNTOLD.com writes:


I salute the relentless efforts of ANY MEANS NECESSARY to record worthy music  by  African American and other contemporary composers. Albany Records and Ian Hobson found it NECESSARY to record in Poland and continue the accumulation of outstanding recordings that reflect the diversity in America and the world. I have personally attended a performance of George Walker's music at Lincoln Center performed by the New York Philharmonic. I have not had the same opportunity in Los Angeles with the Los Angeles Philharmonic unless  I unknowingly missed the performance. However, If the Los Angeles Philharmonic programs George Walker again in my lifetime, i will not miss the performance. The problem is I  am 70 years of age.
 
John Malveaux  

No comments: