Monday, January 13, 2014

Gwendoline Y. Fortune on CD 'Songs of Home' by Njabulo Madlala: 'I just listened to it and am very pleased.' His vocal qualities 'are joyful to hear'


Njabulo Madlala
www.njabulomadlala.com
Champs Hill Records CHRCD071 (2013)

On Dec. 13, 2013 AfriClassical posted: South African Baritone Njabulo Madlala Sings Traditional Songs, Western Compositions and 'Deep River' on 'Songs of Home' from Champs Hill Records

Gwendoline Y. Fortune, Ed.D., writes on Jan. 11, 2014:

Yesterday, I received my CD "Songs of Home," by Njabulo Madlala. I just listened to it and am very pleased. His range, technique (ability to sing full-voice, and "cover" magnificently) are joyful to hear. How many singers can master the "clicks, European art songs,  and US spirituals with his finesse? And he is a young man. I hope he receives the recognition and support he deserves. My only concern was his listing as "baritone" and "tenor." Thank you for continuing excellence, plus.
Gwendoline Y. Fortune

No comments: