Friday, December 5, 2014

Lara Downes: Kickstarter Campaign for her radio show 'The Green Room' on Real Lives of Classical Musicians, such as Anthony McGill and The Harlem Quartet


Lara Downes writes:

Friends-



I hope you all had a restful, peaceful Thanksgiving break. I was home in California with my family, recharging and regrouping, making pumpkin pie, watching movies... And then very quickly back to work...


As many of you know, I've been working hard this Fall on my new favorite thing in the world: my radio show The Green Room. It's a show about the real lives of classical musicians - the people behind the music. The stories my colleagues are sharing on this show are beautiful and candid and moving and funny, and they give a really unique perspective into the world of classical music, and
I think the show has the potential to bring new listeners to classical music, by connecting common life experiences and emotions. 

My guests are some of the most interesting soloists and chamber musicians on the scene today - artists like violinists Anne Akiko Meyers and Rachel Barton Pine, cellist Zuill Bailey, pianists Jeremy Denk, Simone Dinnerstein and Christopher O'Riley, clarinetist Anthony McGill, and chamber ensembles eighth blackbird, Anderson & Roe Piano Duo, and the Harlem Quartet. If you enjoy their music, you'll love meeting them in The Green Room, behind the scenes and before the downbeat!

I have national distribution for the show through the WFMT Radio Network, and a one-hour special will be going out to stations all around the country very soon. It's very exciting, and I'm very proud of this project. I've discovered a whole new way to communicate about music, and I really love making radio!


I spent my holiday week getting ready to launch this Kickstarter campaign for The Green Room, to raise funds to cover the costs of completing production on a full Season 1. The campaign launches today. Please take a look and a listen. I hope you'll be among the first to join this adventure, and that you'll help me share the effort with everyone you know who cares about classical music, compelling people, good radio, and backstage gossip!



With thanks and very warm wishes from the Green Room-
Love,
Lara


Lara Downes
www.laradownes.com
Twitter:@laradownes
Skype: LaraD88

No comments: