Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Jessie Montgomery in "Ann Arbor, MI as I finish up a run here with the Silkroad Ensemble and Mark Morris Dance Group in...Layla and Majnun (October 13-15)"

Jessie Montgomery

Violinist and composer Jessie Montgomery sends her latest news today, October 12, 2016:

Starting the season with a BANG!


I am happy to share news for this season from Ann Arbor, MI as I finish up a run here with the Silkroad Ensemble and Mark Morris Dance Group in the production of Layla and Majnun (Performances Thursday-Saturday, October 13-15). I can hardly articulate how excited and fortunate I feel to be starting the season off this way!...


This October 27th marks my most significant premiere to date: The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra will premiere my latest symphonic work, Records From A Vanishing City on their season opening concert a Carnegie Hall! It has been an incredible journey getting to this point, full of significant changes that have brought new meaning to my life and work. I cannot wait to share this moment with you all! (This performance will be preceded by a preview performance of the work on October 23 at Colgate University. See below.)

There will also be another exciting premiere of my work Danse Africaine by the Young People's Chorus of New York on November 4th at National Sawdust, and on November 6th at Merkin Hall as part of their Transient Glory series. Whether you are a Brooklynite or Manhattanite, there is something for you!

Many more collaborations and premieres are coming up throughout the season, so take a look and I hope to see you soon!

As always, I want to thank my listeners, friends, family, colleagues and mentors for all that you've done to support my journey. I am eternally grateful to you. 

Please visit www.jessiemontgomery.com for links to bio, contact, photos, and music sales.

THANKS ALL!

**UPCOMING CONCERTS**

October 13 - 15, various times
The Power Center, Ann Arbor, MI
Appearance with the Silkroad Ensemble and Mark Morris Dance Group in production of Layla and Majnun
TICKETS

October 21, 6pm
Civic Hall, NYC
"Democratic Exclusion: A Think-In in 3 Acts", Feat. Charles Taylor
A conversation with civic leaders and musical reflections, Haydn "Farewell" Symphony No. 45, and Montgomery Starburst, conducted by Benjamin Hochman
INFO

October 23, 3pm
Colgate Memorial Chapel, Hamilton, NY
Orpheus Chamber Orchestra world premiere of Records from a Vanishing City
INFO/TICKETS

***October 27, 8pm***
Carnegie Hall, Stern Auditorium, NYC
Orpheus Chamber Orchestra WORLD PREMIERE
of Records from a Vanishing City
INFO/TICKETS

November 4, 7pm
National Sawdust, Brooklyn, NY
Young People's Chorus of New York
World premiere of Dance Africaine, based on Langston Hughes' 1923 poem
INFO/TICKETS

November 6, 7pm
Young People's Chorus of New York
Dance Africaine, based on Langston
Merkin Hall, NYC
INFO/TICKETS

November 10, 7:30pm
Roulette, Brooklyn, NY
13th Peace Project Concert: Black Lives Matter
Performances by Ensemble-pi including I Want To Go Home, arr. for Baritone and winds
INFO/TICKETS


Comment by email:
Thank you, William!  Jessie Montgomery  www.jessiemontgomery.com

No comments: