Sunday, May 7, 2017

HeraldTimesOnline.com: Thomas Wilkins to join Jacobs School of Music in August [To Teach Orchestral Conducting]

Thomas Wilkins

         



I thought it might never end. And more than some of you might have noticed how often in my reviews of orchestra concerts during the past few years I wrote with questions in mind: Is this conductor on the list? Does this conductor think of himself (I cannot remember any “herselves”) as a candidate or just as an invited visitor happy to be here?

On several occasions, I asked the Jacobs School dean, Gwyn Richards: “How is it going?” When I asked that again early last month, while in conversation about plans for the 2017-18 season, he chuckled and muttered an alert, suggesting that something might be coming down the pike to please me by the end of April.

No comments: