Saturday, January 20, 2018

John Malveaux: Please listen to an evening with Terrance McKnight of WQXR fm New York

Terrance McKnight

John Malveaux of 
writes:

In September of 1961, I entered University of Oregon as a freshman on a track scholarship. One afternoon, i noticed a white athlete in the locker room staring at me. Without indicating i was aware, i moved to another location in the room and became aware he was following me. I abruptly stopped. swung around, cocked my right hand and confronted him with the obvious question. The young white freshman apologetically responded in a sincere tone, that he had never seen an African American up close. I felt his honesty and dismissed my malice and we became friends.

I suspect many in the Los Angeles metropolitan market have never seen, heard or even imagined an African American hosting a program on KUSC classical radio 91.5 fm. Please listen to an evening with Terrance McKnight of WQXR fm New York https://www.wqxr.org/shows/terrance-mcknight. Yes We Can.

John Malveaux

No comments: