Monday, January 1, 2018

Kelly Hall-Tompkins, Founder of Music Kitchen: Food for the Soul, is a New Yorker of the Year in The New York Times


Kelly Hall-Tompkins writes:

Wow- just wow.  I am truly speechless and honored.  Many thanks to Nevin Brown, who took the time to write to the New York Times to submit me for consideration as a "New Yorker of the Year," and many thanks to the New York Times for selecting me.  I am so grateful and share with you here the feature article that appeared in the New York Times online on December 27th.  The feature is primarily in recognition for the organization which I founded, Music Kitchen - Food for the Soul, to bring top classical music performances into homeless shelters.  That program is made possible by all of our committed donors and all of the amazing musicians who give of themselves so passionately.  Thank you so much for the congratulations that I have already received from so many of you on the article.  I respectfully ask that in honor of this momentous occasion, that you consider making a year-end donation to Music Kitchen HERE Thank you!

Tribeca Rooftop
January 29th from 7-10pm
I am happy to announce that the Release Event for my new Fiddler solo CD, entitled "The Fiddler Expanding Tradition," will be at Tribeca Rooftop (of course, a rooftop! well, it was cold in Anatevka...kidding!  it will be fully heated and indoors)  

No comments: