Monday, March 19, 2018

Kelly Hall-Tompkins: Cincinnati Symphony Inaugural Artist in Residence Classical Roots Project


Interview on Tony Guida's New York, CUNY TV


Kelly Hall-Tompkins writes:

It has been an incredibly exciting and power packed winter!  I am delighted to have been guest soloist twice with the Westchester Philharmonic and Music Director Ted Sperling, for my Fiddler works and also for Saint-Saens Rondo Capriccioso and Beethoven Romance.  I was also guest soloist with Symphony New Hampshire and conductor Roderick Cox in the Beethoven Violin Concerto, and at Carnegie Weill Hall with The Chamber Orchestra of New York and conductor Salvatore DiVittorio and co-soloist Maggie Snyder in the Mozart Sinfonia Concertante.  In the midst of all of that I released my new CD, "The Fiddler Expanding Tradition" in an amazing evening at the fabulous Tribeca Rooftop with around 200 guests, featuring me in a duet with Danny Burstein, accompanied by the amazing ensemble which has helped me bring this project to life, Michael Blanco, bass, Joshua Camp, accordion, Stephen Benson, guitar/mandolin, and including a mini reunion of my beloved Fiddler Broadway company. THANK YOU to everyone who attended- it was simply wonderful to see you and celebrate with you! Please see below for some photos from the event.  And now I look forward in two weeks to being the Inaugural Artist in Residence for the Cincinnati Symphony Classical Roots program.  I have designed a deliciously eclectic program for my week there, from Samuel Coleridge-Taylor to Fiddler to Stravinsky Soldier's Tale!
Thank you to STRINGS Magazine for publishing my first ever 1st person article, "Expanding Tradition," in the February edition.  And thank you to Tony Guida and CUNY TV for featuring me on "Tony Guida's New York," airing now in several showings (please see video below).  And finally, I am excited to have my own solo show at Feinstein's 54 Below on May 30th at 9:30, New York City's premiere Broadway nightclub.  I love that through my Fiddler project I am 'expanding' not only 'tradition' but also to reach new audiences! For a special $5 discount code, please scroll to the end.  Thank you so much for your interest in my career and Happy Spring!
L'Chaim,
Kelly

First Ever "Fiddler" Solo CD 

Available on iTunes, Amazon, BroadwayRecords.com and other retailers
(Coming soon to Spotify)
Signed CDs available at concerts


Duet with Danny Burstein

No comments: